At Genospace, our mission is to be the leading information platform for applied precision medicine.
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology, and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
As a Product Manager, you will have broad responsibility for guiding the strategy, development, and adoption of Genospace’s life science analytics products. You will develop and lead a team of product professionals and act as a leader within the organization. The scope of the Product Manager's responsibility covers the product development process through to the marketing, communication, and user adoption strategy & execution.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Lead product strategy by developing a sophisticated and well-informed understanding of the opportunity and competitive landscape for the life science analytics product area. This understanding will then form the basis for a clearly articulated vision and value proposition for our analytical products.
- Provide guidance and leadership for the life science analytics product and sprint teams
- Synthesize input from various sources to inform the development of the product roadmap
- Participate in the design and assessment of user research programs to inform our understanding of our target user groups and their needs
- Manage the full product development life cycle including requirements gathering/definition, story breakdown, validation, and assessment
- Serve as the accountable individual driving adherence to the governance and collaboration model for the product area
- Participate in needs assessment and resource planning for the life science analytics product domain
- Develop and implement an engagement strategy to drive the uptake and usage of products in target user groups and markets
- Manage the design, implementation, and ongoing assessment of usage metrics that inform the success of interventions and guide future initiatives
- Design and implement training materials, such as user guides, FAQs, in-context feature support, orientation and release playbooks, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to define and execute a product roll-out strategy
- Work to develop a support plan for the life science analytics products
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to support the product area
- Organize and implement a communications and marketing plan for the life science analytics products
- Develop supporting materials, such as slides, demo scripts, whitepapers, case studies, etc. to highlight key use cases and unique selling proposition for the product area
- Represent the company and the product at internal and external company and industry events
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid understanding of the biomedical domain, with an emphasis on fields related to precision medicine, such as:
- Molecular biology
- Cancer biology
- Biomedical terminologies, ontologies, and coding systems
- Clinical research methods
- Expertise in the methods of high dimensional biomedical data analysis, such as:
- Differential expression analysis
- Statistical genetics
- Clustering and subgroup identification
- Driver mutation identification
- Categorical data analysis
- Survival analysis
- Expert-level understanding of the Agile development methodology
- Ability to translate scientific questions, needs, and methodologies to software requirements
- Knowledge of the tools and methodologies of user research and product design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on customer-facing skills
Education & Background:
- Advanced degree in life sciences/engineering, or a bachelor’s degree with additional relevant experience
- A minimum of 3, but preferably 5-7, years of job experience in an information technology provider, pharma/biotech research, or related setting
- Hands-on experience analyzing high-dimensional genomic/biomedical data is a must
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of scientific & analytical expertise, business acumen, strategic thinking, and polished communication
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.