Genius is searching for a Staff Writer to create content for our Editorial Site. We’re looking for a team player who has experience in music journalism and understands our brand’s ethos.
Founded in 2009, Genius is a unique media company that’s powered by community, our in-house creative team, and the artists themselves. We serve music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com, Spotify, and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Writing daily news items
- Writing occasional features
- Conducting artist interviews
- Liaising with various teams, including Video, Social, Community, and Branded Content
- Annotating and editing song pages
- Occasionally covering breaking news events during night/weekends
- 2+ years experience in music journalism
- Deep knowledge in a wide variety of music genres, particularly pop music and hip-hop
- Passion for finding unique stories about the making of music
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Attention to detail
- A Genius account and active participation in the knowledge project (if you don’t already have one, sign up!)
*Note: In lieu of a cover letter, please write two headlines for music news stories that you think Genius should cover and share some links to your best work. Submit these things as an attachment in the cover letter section of this application.