Genius is searching for a Video Editor to oversee the strategy and production of our video content. A fluency in music culture—particularly pop music and hip-hop—is essential.
Founded in 2009, Genius is a unique media company that’s powered by community, our in-house creative team, and the artists themselves. We serve music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com, Spotify, and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Shoot, direct, and edit episodes of Genius' flagship series VERIFIED
- Collaborate with the video + content team to create new concepts and franchise videos
- 2+ years experience shooting documentary-style field production
- Experience shooting talent interviews in studio
- Experience recording voice over
- Diverse visual style with strong sense of composition
- Ability to quickly learn new production tools and news shooting styles
- Passion for editorially-driven, non-fiction filmmaking
- Technical competency with major digital video cameras
- Expert with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Live experience (Facebook live or livestream)
- Journalistic background
- Past experience with new media outlet