Genesis Cloud is a cloud software company from the founders of Genesis Mining. As a Genesis company, we have the resources needed to start and scale a revolution in cloud computing. At Genesis Cloud no idea is too big to be considered, we think in galaxy scale. We are a passionate and highly motivated team with the backing and infrastructure for intergalactic growth.
Our roots are in hardware accelerated computing, cryptocurrency, and blockchain services. We have some of the largest GPU data centers in the world that we are fusing with modern infrastructure for applications in massive machine learning, rendering, and other hardware accelerated applications.
We are looking for motivated team members who not only implement but are also willing to take the controls and pilot into the great unknown.
Perks include daily team lunches, language classes, after-work and weekend activities, remote offices, flexible working styles, travel budget for conferences, fresh fruit and snacks, the finest coffee, cold beverages, and Munich beer.
About the Role
At Genesis Cloud, the Software Development Lead, Infrastructure is a 50/50 split of line manager and hands on technical software engineering duties. You will work closely with technical leads and management to align software projects and plan the software engineering team’s work.
The products your team delivers are deployed in large scale on Genesis Cloud infrastructure and consumed by thousands of users. You are key to ensure high code quality and constant delivery of planned features in a fast-paced environment. As Software Development Lead you are eager to stay on top of modern software architectures, frameworks, and best practices. You will actively teach and mentor during pair programming and code reviews. We rely on your guidance and feedback when it comes to software design decisions. You will have a direct impact on building our public cloud plus the hosted services and keeping the business productive.
We hire motivated people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to build the largest GPU cloud out there and make an impact on the technologies of tomorrow.
This position is located in the center of Munich, Germany or alternatively Lisbon, Portugal or Valletta, Malta. Remote work with significant time spent at an office location is also possible.
- Leading the software development team
- Software engineering “hands on work” e.g. software design, implementation, code review, and pair programming
- Ensuring high code quality and establishing modern best practices
- Active participation in the process of product development
- Mentoring and training of development team members
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical fields involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language
- Advanced knowledge and professional experience of several programming languages
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies and frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of modern software architecture styles and patterns
- Advanced knowledge in software automation and continuous integration delivery and deployment
- Good knowledge and a solid understanding of computer networking
- Experience in volatile development environments
- Ability to accurately estimate development tasks and deliver according to schedule
- 10 years of professional software development experience
- 5 years of experience as software development lead
- Good leadership and soft skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Experience with cloud computing, microservice architecture and cloud native applications
- Experience with managing remote team members