Genesis Cloud is a cloud software company from the founders of Genesis Mining. As a Genesis company we have the resources needed to start and scale a revolution in cloud computing. No idea is too big to be considered, we think in galaxy scale. We are a passionate and highly motivated team with the backing and infrastructure for intergalactic growth.
Our roots are in hardware accelerated computing, cryptocurrency, and blockchain services. We have some of the largest GPU data centers in the world that we are fusing with modern infrastructure for applications in massive machine learning, rendering, and other hardware accelerated applications.
We are looking for motivated team members who not only implement but are also willing to take the controls and pilot into the great unknown.
Perks include, daily team lunches, language classes, after-work and weekend activities, remote offices, flexible working styles, travel budget for conferences, fresh fruit and snacks, the finest coffee, cold beverages, and Munich beer.
About the Role
At Genesis Cloud, the Senior Linux Systems Administrator takes system administration to the data center scale. It combines the set up and operations of complex, large-scale and fault-tolerant systems data center systems which run our public cloud infrastructure.
You are key for the success of our vision of delivering millions of users parallel computing power without a glitch. As a Unix/Linux Systems Programmer and Administrator at Genesis Cloud, you own and support the needs of our server infrastructure. You are highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Genesis Cloud service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in multiple regions and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operation groups. We rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions. You will have a direct impact in building our public cloud and keeping the business productive.
We hire motivated people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to build the largest GPU cloud out there and make an impact on the technologies of tomorrow.
This position is located in the center of Munich, Germany.
- Working in a fast paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of developer and production infrastructure
- Setting up, operating, supporting, maintaining, and writing documentation for the systems which run the private and public cloud infrastructure
- Working closely with the networking and software engineering teams to create, improve and automate your systems
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical fields involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Unix/Linux operating system, data center and web servers
- Experienced shell scripting and script debugging and actively writing/modifying code to improve monitoring or deployment (Bash, Perl, C)
- Fluency in multiple programming languages and ability to master additional ones fast
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience with RADIUS
- Experience with multi-site VPN
- Experience working with regex
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Very good verbal and written English language skill
- Very good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- 12 years of experience in implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Unix/Linux operating system, data center and/or web servers
- Meaningful Open Source project contributions
- Experience in Linux Kernel patching and/or in creating Kernel modules
- Experience in Python, Go and Ansible or other IaC
- Expert level Bash programming
- Expert level in software automation
- Excellent (and quantifiable) leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills