At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world's biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
As a Gearset DevOps Engineer you will work collaboratively using a pragmatically-chosen tech stack (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, .NET) to help Gearset run a scalable, secure and reliable service, and enable development of the solution to scale with the growth of the company. We're proud of the strong DevOps focus that we've had since starting the company but we know there is so much more that we can do to help deliver Gearset to ever larger audiences.
As part of a great team of engineers (alumni of Microsoft, EA and Cambridge University to name a few), we'll encourage you to contribute your opinions on topics from development practices to product strategy and roadmap. With around five years under our belt, we've already established ourselves as the market-leading Salesforce release management solution, but this is just the start - we're looking for smart people to join our ambitious team, and make an immediate impact on one of Cambridge's fastest growing tech startups.
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Are passionate about getting your hands dirty in both supporting a growing development organization and maturing our ops
- Have good knowledge of AWS (VPC networking and security, IAM, EC2, Postgres RDS, S3, EKS)
- Have good knowledge of Linux
- Previously have worked with infrastructure-as-code and immutable builds
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS EKS
- Working on a hosted, multi-tenant product
- Working in an agile development team with a focus on delivering value early
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £40k - £60k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
- Discounted gym membership, etc.