At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only a few years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
From the start, being present where people are looking has been at the core of our marketing strategy, and our focus on delighting our users in every interaction is one of the main reasons for our success. It differentiates us from the competition.
As an early member of Gearset’s marketing team, you’ll help us take our execution to the next level. You'll work with our users to understand the problems they face, building empathy, a fluency in the language and terminology they use, and familiarity with topics that engage. You'll collaborate with a cross-functional team of software engineers, sales people, designers and marketers to create and execute innovative campaigns across a variety of channels. You'll proactively dive into unfamiliar technical topics to become a domain expert, able to produce content that educates and guides, and ultimately enriches the community as a whole.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, their challenges, and the language they use to collaborate and share ideas. You’ll think and talk like our users.
- Work with account management and sales to identify reference users and share their success stories. You’ll develop a more complete distribution strategy for our content, taking advantage of a variety of mediums and channels.
- Curate paid search. You’ll own PPC end to end, identifying campaigns, writing ad copy, building targeted landing pages to address user problems, and assessing the impact and ROI of your work.
- Help define our content strategy. You'll work with the development team and content marketers to ensure a steady pipeline of relevant content about product features and community developments.
- Support our events team. You'll work with the wider team to ensure any events we attend or host are a resounding success, whether through demoing to prospective users, authoring talks, presenting, or just helping out with logistics.
- Support our users. You'll talk to customers, and help produce technical support docs to make sure they're getting the most out of Gearset.
- Measure and optimize. You’ll use metrics to track the performance of competing channels and content, optimizing how you allocate your time for maximum impact.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- Demonstrable exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn - software engineering experience is a plus
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to create content that resonates and engages
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to manage a pipeline of content across multiple channels
- A pragmatic bias towards action, without too much of a compromise on quality
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £30k - £45k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch