At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge release management solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years Gearset has become the release management solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
Our focus on great user experience has been one of the main reasons for our success - it differentiates us from the competition. User experience is at the core of our development process, and we spend time talking to our users to understand the problems they’re facing and to validate the solutions we design, rather than blindly building features.
Having laid the foundations, we’re extending the features and workflows in our existing products and building a whole new product on top of our existing technology, and we’re looking for an experienced user experience specialist to help make those plans a reality.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are enthusiastic about working with users to build and deliver the right product
- Understand the bigger picture when it comes to consolidating insights from user research, long term company goals and product development
- Love designing end-to-end experiences that empower users
- Are pragmatic when it comes to design choices and the need to release new features quickly
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
- Are highly experienced in producing UI mockups using industry standard design tools
- Can work in an agile software development environment
Working at Gearset, you will:
- Help lead the design of the next major line of brand new Gearset products on our roadmap
- Work alongside the development team to guide, structure and conduct product research for new products
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to design and extend existing features
- Work closely with marketing to provide feedback, ideas and support for developing the Gearset brand
Nice to haves
- Experience writing HTML/CSS
- Experience working on highly technical applications
- Have experience of working with hosted (SaaS) products
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- A shiny new computer and your preferred software packages to help make your day-to-day design work a delight
- £45,000 to £65,000 negotiable dependent on experience
We'd like to see a portfolio from all applicants, so please ensure that you attach/link to your portfolio when submitting your application.