At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of admins and developers building on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only four years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
Events are one of the most important facets of marketing in the Salesforce ecosystem. Salesforce’s Dreamforce is the biggest tech event on the planet, bringing 170,000 Salesforce professionals to San Francisco for a week of learning, networking, career development and fun every autumn. And this is just one of the yearly events amongst many. Having a big presence at these events is one of the cornerstones of Gearset’s marketing strategy.
We have an effective approach to in-person events across the globe, but there’s a lot more we want to achieve, and to do that we need your help. As an events and marketing coordinator at Gearset, you’ll join a team of seasoned marketers, with a role that’s varied and diverse.
It probably seems strange to be recruiting for an Events & Marketing Coordinator in the midst of a global pandemic, right? Don’t worry - although we won’t be attending any in-person events in the immediate future, there are lots of customer-facing activities that we’re still ramping up on. With all events either cancelled or made virtual, we need to find ways to bring that same Gearset presence to as many virtual events as we can, while running regular webinars and remote case studies with happy Gearset customers. And all this alongside pitching in with the rest of the marketing team on all manner of other tactics. And as the shroud of the global pandemic is lifted, you’ll learn quickly from an experienced events operation, travel internationally, and have the chance to own Gearset’s presence at a number of events.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, designers and marketers to maintain our exceptionally high bar for professionalism and how we conduct and present ourselves, so that our events presence stands head and shoulders above that of the competition.
Note: This role will be remote while social distancing is in effect, but as we emerge from the pandemic it’ll be based out of our office in Cambridge.
- Work with people both internal and external across multiple timezones to schedule presentations
- Coordinate Gearset’s events attendance both nationally and internationally
- Own marketing for those associated events, including pre-event promotion and post-event follow-up
- Participate in and lead overseas events crews, coordinating and motivating the team on the ground
- Run logistics for overseas events, including organising the creation and collateral
- Work closely with sales to track ROI on events
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- An interest in technical topics, and the ability to learn about and explain Gearset to prospective users
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for building relationships quickly
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; this will be a remote position until the pandemic subsides, at which point you’ll work from our Cambridge office
- Salary is £24k - £28k, depending on experience
- Potential for overseas travel
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch