At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
From the start, we’ve invested effort in producing helpful and engaging content, and our focus on delighting our users in every interaction is one of the main reasons for our success. It differentiates us from the competition.
As an early member of Gearset’s marketing team, you’ll take our content to the next level. You’ll be unrelentingly focused on setting the standard for what the Salesforce community expects from technical content. You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, designers and marketers to produce thought-provoking and inspiring articles, ensuring that our users leave our site smarter than when they arrived. You’ll proactively dive into unfamiliar technical topics to become an expert, able to produce content that educates and guides, and ultimately enriches the community as a whole.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, their challenges, and the language they use to collaborate and share ideas. You’ll think and talk like our users.
- Work with account management and sales to identify reference users and share their success stories. You’ll develop a more complete distribution strategy, taking advantage of a variety of mediums and channels.
- Curate paid search. You’ll build targeted landing pages addressing user problems, and build the associated ad campaigns to make them discoverable.
- Write and edit technical blog posts. You’ll work with the development team to curate a steady pipeline of blog posts about product features and community developments.
- Create thought pieces. You’ll research, design and write long-form technical white papers on diverse topics, ranging from deployment best practice to the future of DevOps.
- Manage our newsletter. You’ll curate, write and send the monthly Gearset newsletter, covering product developments and relevant content from the community.
- Support our users. You'll talk to customers, and help produce technical support docs to make sure they're getting the most out of Gearset.
- Measure and optimize. You’ll use metrics to track the performance of competing channels and content, optimizing how you allocate your time for maximum impact.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- Demonstrable exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to create content that resonates and engages
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to manage a pipeline of content across multiple channels
- A pragmatic bias towards action, without too much of a compromise on quality
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £30k - £35k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch