At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In a few short years, Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
Gearset is Cambridge’s fastest growing startup, rocketing from 7 people in 2017 to over 50 today. But we’ve still barely scratched the surface of the market. As a company, the majority of our efforts have been on understanding our users’ problems, and finding smart ways to solve them, while keeping a laser focus on UX and ease of use. Over the last 18 months, we’ve started to ramp up our marketing, growing the team and investing carefully in ROI-generating tactics. We’ve seen great results, but we’re really just getting started.
We're looking for an experienced Head of Marketing with a track record of successful delivery to join the senior leadership team. As Head of Marketing, you'll own Gearset's marketing strategy and propel us to the next five years of growth by working closely with Sales, Product and Engineering to shape the go-to-market strategy for our DevOps and Backup products.
- Report to the CPO, and work with the senior leadership team to shape our go-to-market plans for both existing and new products
- Define acquisition targets, based on our MRR growth goals, and build a marketing plan to drive the awareness and leads that we need to hit those targets
- Report on results in QBRs to the rest of the senior leadership team
- Work with the sales, engineering and product teams to understand our target audience, the personas, and the jobs they’re using Gearset to do
- Identify the most impactful channels for our market, and build campaigns spanning these channels
- Regularly talk to and engage with our users to gather qualitative insights, build relationships and gain a deep understanding of the market
- Ensure we have the right team in place to deliver on our goals
- Bring analytical rigour to our marketing, with attribution and ROI at its core
- Operate a tight feedback loop with the engineering and product teams, sharing your team’s insights with them
- Work with sales to build targeted campaigns for key accounts
- Ensure that Gearset’s tone and values are apparent in everything we do
- Line manage, nurture and grow the marketing team, working with them to achieve their own development goals
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least six years experience working in a position of seniority in the marketing function at a B2B SaaS businesses
- Experience of owning marketing strategy, and specific experience with content marketing, influencer marketing, ABM, events, and multi-channel campaigns, and tactics including blogging, case studies, webinars, PPC, social engagement, email, etc.
- Outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to apply this to scrutinizing our output, constructively feeding back to the marketing team
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to understand the motivations and goals of our users
- Experience managing and growing a high-functioning team of marketers across a variety of specialisations
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- A track record of building strong relationships and rapport with your team
- An analytical mindset, with the ability to balance the qualitative and quantitative when informing decisions
- A pragmatic bias towards action
We know this is a long list of requirements, and we don’t expect any candidate to tick all of the boxes on day one. If you’ve got the depth we’re looking for in key areas, and the desire to grow into others, then we’d still love to hear from you.
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £70k to £90k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
- Discounted gym membership, etc.