At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years, Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
From the start, we’ve focused on providing truly outstanding support to all our users. Our focus on delighting our users in every interaction is one of the main reasons for our success. It differentiates us from the competition.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a support engineer to join our customer success team. This is a very hands-on, technical role, that is much broader than a typical ticket-based support position. If you’re driven by understanding how things work, committed to delivering a great customer experience, and able to digest and explain complex topics, our customer success team is right for you.
You’ll ensure everyone who interacts with Gearset receives world-class customer support. From answering the in-app chat to jumping on technical calls, you’ll be unrelentingly focused on going above and beyond for our users: diagnosing and solving issues, guiding them through the product, and soliciting feedback to help us continually improve. Our approach to support is friendly, personal, and fun, and you’ll engage in dynamic conversations without relying on predetermined scripts or automated bots.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, and marketers, proactively diving into unfamiliar technical topics to become an expert, and clearly and succinctly summarising them to educate and guide, ultimately ensuring users get the most from Gearset. You’ll act as the bridge between our users and our product teams to ensure we’re acting on their feedback and continually driving the development of the product.
After an initial training period on UK hours, you’ll work US East Coast hours (2pm - 10pm UK), helping support our global user base.
- Act as the first point of call for users with questions about Gearset, prioritising and responding to their questions through in-app chat, by email, and on technical screen-shares
- Debug complex issues by developing a deep understanding of Gearset, Salesforce, our users, and their challenges
- Provide consultative support and advice to our users on how to best use Gearset and streamline their development process
- Be a customer champion, ensuring their views are represented in the company
- Influence product development by working closely with our product, marketing, and sales teams to collect and digest user feedback
- Maintain a laser focus on quality, with top-notch written and spoken communication
- Contribute to our support documents to ensure they’re clear and accurate, and research and write new content to fill any gaps
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn
- Demonstrable exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A can-do attitude with a focus on delighting users
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity, both verbally and in written form
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to foster user relationships that resonate and engage
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Previous experience in technical support roles or problem solving in a technical environment would be highly beneficial
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office; hours will primarily be US East Coast (2pm - 10pm UK)
- Salary is £28k - £35k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
- You’ll work with an amazing team of friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable people