At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only four years Gearset has become the DevOps tool of choice for some of the biggest companies in the world, including IBM, Coca-Cola, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
We’ve got to where we are today by staying close to our users, whether in engineering, answering support requests and working with users to understand the problems they face, or in marketing, attending events around the world and meeting our users in person. Everybody at Gearset strives to delight our users in every interaction and offer support and guidance wherever we can. It sets us apart from the competition, and helps us form close bonds with the incredible Salesforce community.
For all of Gearset’s successes so far, we’re really only just getting started. We know there’s another order of magnitude of Salesforce developers and admins out there that we haven’t reached yet. So, in 2020, we’re looking for two marketing interns to join us for the summer, and help us expand our reach, and put Gearset in the hands of more Salesforce professionals than ever before.
You’ll join a passionate team of marketing pros to help us spread the word about Gearset. You’ll have a dedicated mentor that will help get you up and running, answer any questions, and be there for support and advice. You’ll work on real projects with the rest of the team, working with users and contributing to important campaigns right from day one. It’s an amazing chance to get a feel for life at a fast-growing tech startup, and get some great marketing experience producing impactful work.
While you’re here, you'll work with our users to understand the problems they face, building empathy, a fluency in the language and terminology they use, and familiarity with topics that engage. You'll collaborate with a cross-functional team of software engineers, sales people, designers and marketers, working on campaigns across a variety of channels. You'll learn about unfamiliar technical topics to become a domain expert, helping to write content that educates and guides, and enriches the community we’re part. Alongside your team, you’ll push Gearset’s marketing efforts to new heights, and ultimately make an impact at one of Cambridge’s fastest growing startups.
- Join a team of smart, friendly people.
- Work with our content marketers and development team to produce technical and user-focused content, covering anything from new features, to the latest community releases.
- Own a PPC campaign end to end. Identify a potential campaign, write the ad copy, build a targeted landing page that addresses user problems, and assess the ongoing impact.
- Collaborate with our account management and sales team to identify potential reference users and share their success stories via a variety of mediums and channels.
- Work with the events team to create authoritative and relevant talks, write and design engaging printed materials and help make the events we attend a resounding success.
- Support our users and get to know our customers by talking to them, writing technical support docs and making sure they’re getting the most out of Gearset.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent academic record, studying for a bachelor’s degree at a top university.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail.
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn.
- The ability to convey complex technical concepts in a simple and digestible way.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, with the capacity to manage a varied pipeline.
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to create content that resonates.
- A can-do and proactive attitude, with a laser-focus on quality.
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- You'll start in July 2020 and stay with us for 10 weeks or more
- You'll be paid £425 per week
- A relaxed, professional atmosphere with no dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
Successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview in February 2020.