At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
We believe great design can profoundly change the experience a company creates for its users, through considered aesthetics, and carefully-crafted information architectures and workflows. At Gearset, we strive to solve complex problems in ingeniously simple ways, and design and usability are core considerations in this. It shows, too - the simplicity of our design is regularly cited by our users as an important factor in their decision to use Gearset. But we know we’ve still got a long way to go.
We’re looking for a talented designer to help us build and refine our brand identity, and to ensure consistency and quality in everything we produce. From website changes to all manner of physical media, you’ll have a hand in the look and feel of everything we create. You'll work with a diverse team of developers, UX specialists, sales people, customer success experts and marketers, at a startup that prides itself on a culture of proactivity, ownership and trust.
You'll be our only creative designer - this means you’ll have the opportunity to shape the brand identity, and graphic design as a function, at one of Cambridge’s fastest growing startups.
- Create and maintain a cohesive visual style guide to ensure consistency for Gearset's brand across the app, website and physical media
- Work with the wider team to produce low-fidelity and pixel-perfect mock-ups of various pages on the website, and if you have the HTML and CSS chops, build those pages too
- Pitch in with idea generation and content creation for marketing campaigns, promoting Gearset and building awareness, in order to support the long-term marketing strategy
- Create beautiful infographics to highlight key facts and figures about the benefits of using Gearset, to support sales and marketing
- Produce print designs such as flyers, whitepapers, and case studies to promote what we do at trade shows and conferences
- Support the events team by designing our physical booths and banners
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for technology, and the web
- Experience of working professionally in a design discipline
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design tools
- An understanding of the differences between designing for digital and print media
- Exceptional attention to detail
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to create captivating and evocative designs
- An iterative, feedback-driven approach to design
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- A pragmatic bias towards action, without too much of a compromise on quality
It would be helpful for a candidate to have:
- A working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Video production and digital animation skills
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £40k - 50k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch