At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years, Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
From the start, we’ve focused on providing truly outstanding support to all our users. Our focus on delighting our users in every interaction is one of the main reasons for our success. It differentiates us from the competition.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a technical pre-sales engineer to join our customer success team. This is a highly consultative role, requiring you to build a deep understanding of our users, the Salesforce platform, and release management in general. If you’re excited by helping our users succeed, committed to delivering a great customer experience, and enjoy solving challenging problems, our customer success team is right for you.
As a pre-sales engineer, you’ll become a subject-matter expert on Salesforce DevOps and on Gearset, providing support and advice to users as they evaluate our product and embed it into their teams. Working closely with our sales team, you’ll run tailored product demos and guide technical discussions, confidently advising on everything from the intricacies of git-based development to configuring continuous integration pipelines. You’ll demonstrate how Gearset solves users' challenges and ensure they receive world-class customer support.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, and marketers. By combining technical expertise and commercial awareness, you’ll maximise sales opportunities and help us drive the growth of the business forwards. Your close user contact will also feed into our ongoing product development, and be the voice of users throughout the company.
After an initial training period on UK hours, you’ll work US East Coast hours (2pm - 10pm UK), helping support our global user base.
- Work closely with our sales team to maximise sales opportunities by running discovery calls and tailored product demos that speak to the needs of our users and demonstrate the value of Gearset
- Debug complex issues by developing a deep understanding of Gearset, Salesforce, our users, and their challenges
- Be a customer champion, ensuring their views are represented in the company and driving continual improvement in user satisfaction
- Contribute to our support documents to ensure they’re clear and accurate, and research and write new content to fill any gaps
- Help improve the technical knowledge of our sales team, coaching them on new developments within Gearset and the wider Salesforce ecosystem
- Influence product development by working closely with our product, marketing, and sales teams to collect and digest user feedback
- Maintain a laser focus on quality, with top-notch written and spoken communication
- Keep abreast of our competition, product development, and changes to the ecosystem
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn
- Demonstrable exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A can-do attitude with a focus on delighting users
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity
- Previous experience in technical pre-sales roles or problem solving in a technical environment would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform, source control systems, and software development practices would be beneficial
A little about our benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office; hours will primarily be US East Coast (2pm - 10pm UK)
- Salary is £35k - £50k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
- You’ll work with an amazing team of friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable people
- Closing date: Friday 5th July 2019