Reports To: Director of Strategic Giving
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday. Work days and hours may shift depending on scheduling needs; typical schedule will be 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Flexibility required.
Summary: The Development Associate will work closely with the development team to support a variety of fundraising activities and support the overall team. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Giving, the Development Associate contributes to the day-to-day operations of The Center’s development department to help meet departmental goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support across the major fundraising areas of the team, including the major donor, corporate and foundation programs through such tasks as donor research, creation and organization of materials in connection with donor meetings and providing logistical support.
- Assist in correspondence, acknowledgements and mailings.
- Support the team’s internal and external meetings including recording of RSVPs, agenda creation, recording and distribution of minutes, and organize and manage follow up activities.
- Help maintain department-wide calendar.
- Respond, process and direct all general development inquiries.
- Assist the development department with various large and small fundraising events throughout the year as well as with special projects.
- Provide data entry support in Salesforce database including creating and updating contact and account records, including event, activity, relationship and contact information.
- Provide administrative assistance to senior members of the team including scheduling, meeting requests, email support, etc.
- Process event registrations and event-related gifts in Salesforce and other systems.
- Liaise with staff throughout the organization to ensure interdepartmental communication and efficiency.
- Assist with the team’s financial reporting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to two years experience working or interning in a fast paced environment, nonprofit and/or fundraising experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, research, writing and editing skills.
- Data entry or fundraising software experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of personalities including donors, staff, board, volunteers and members of the public.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and to set and stick to priorities, maintaining high attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and G Suite
- Highly organized, professional, and trustworthy.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.