About Gary Community Investments:
Gary Community Investments
, which includes The Piton Foundation, invests in for-profit and philanthropic solutions for Colorado’s low-income children and their families. We believe that business and philanthropy can—and should—work together to create opportunities for those who need it most. Gary Community Investments (GCI) is committed to investing in quality early childhood and youth development systems, expanding sustainable economic opportunities, and developing and supporting programs that create healthy family and community environments.
By aligning all of our assets with our mission, we make creative investments that not only yield a financial return, but can also improve the lives of Colorado’s children.
Support the Investment Team with investment and portfolio level research and financial analysis, day-to-day project management, and coordination with key internal and external stakeholders. Works closely with the GCI Investment team, targeted project stakeholders, consultants, GCI communications and strategic assessment teams.
The Investment Project Manager role is a full-time position of The Piton Foundation and reports directly to the Senior VP, Philanthropic and Impact Investing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead or assist with the execution of a wide variety of projects advancing GCI’s mission including structuring the work, managing the process, driving the right set of analyses, and presenting the answer to leadership through a compelling storyline.
- Lead cross-team projects among the investment team, communications department and strategic assessment.
- Partner with all Investment Directors to drive strategy and execution of work plans ensuring high quality and timely production of deliverables.
- Assist with Investment team engagement strategies, such as learning communities and feedback loops.
Research and Financial Analysis
- Active involvement in all aspects of the investment diligence process.
- Assist with financial analysis of potential investees including financial modeling, determination of risks, and forecasting.
- As needed, support Directors in reviewing and monitoring investee budgets and cash flows as needed.
- Monitor investments/initiatives to ensure they are on track to generate expected financial and social returns; adjust governance approach and/or escalate performance issues as needed.
- Assist with background research on potential investment approaches, sector players, and/or potential investee due diligence.
- Become familiar with GCI investment strategies and demonstrate proficiency in current philanthropic and market-based solutions to improve outcomes for low-income children and their families.
- Conduct research and prepare presentations related to field building activities in the area of social impact investing and the four investment outcome areas.
Team Coordination & Liaising
- Ensure appropriate liaison with targeted investees and funding partners as needed.
- Assist the Vice President of Communications in executing an integrated communications strategy highlighting the investment team’s activities.
- Participate in investment presentations for GCI/Piton board and/or other key stakeholders as required.
- MBA degree and/or 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully engage in multiple complex initiatives simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines among shifting priorities.
- General knowledge of GCI’s mission and four outcome areas.
- Strong research and analysis skills with an ability to communicate data and insights in a structured fashion.
- Understanding and experience in financial modeling.
- Experience working independently with successful results.
- Strong presentation development skills.
- Strong written skills.
- Proficient with Salesforce or comparable CRM, MS Office and Google applications.
- Direct experience in and/or a passion for social impact investing
- Working experience in the non-profit or social enterprise sector is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- This is a regular, full-time position
- Competitive health benefits package including medical and dental
- Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan
Gary Community Investments, which includes The Piton Foundation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity and encourages diverse candidates to apply.