Experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer/Architect to help us build the artificially intelligent web
Gamalon is an AI-first startup in downtown Boston, MA, building the Conversational Web: a machine learning “chatbot” that learns ideas by reading web pages, and then learns more by talking with people about the ideas.
Organizations are already using Gamalon’s alpha version of our Conversational Web, helping their website visitors quickly understand their products and services. We’ve seen great success with early customers. We are now heading into rapid expansion and looking for outstanding engineers to join our team.
Gamalon was recognized by MIT Technology Review as one of the “50 Smartest Companies” for 2017 and by the World Economic Forum as a 2018 Technology Pioneer. We have over $30 million in funding including the largest grant from DARPA in the past five years for development of next generation Artificial Intelligence and a Series A led by Intel Capital. We have filed 74 patents on our unique modular approach to machine learning, and we are starting to create an open-source standard for the conversational web.
We are seeking a talented front-end engineer to join our growing team. You have full-stack acumen and experience, you get excited by thorny back-end challenges and architectures, but you also get excited about delivering product to be used in the world. You get even more excited about making products that incorporate real-time, modular, machine learning deeply into the architecture, an industry first.
- Help us build the ConversationalWeb, MachineLearningEmail, and other products incorporating our unique machine learning stack.
- Experiment with architectures using Gamalon's patented core AI technology.
- Work in an agile environment, rapidly delivering shippable features into production.
Experience, Skills, and Interests:
- You are generous with others and collaborate well in a team environment.
- You have made a measurable impact on a commercial code base, working in a startup or other highly dynamic environment.
- Strong interest in being part of one of the first teams building AI-first software products, collaborating with machine learning/data science engineers as well as with product design. (AI is not yet as agile as software, so you will need to be prepared to collaborate in new ways).
- You are a seasoned software architect, and comfortable interacting with product leadership.
- You are proficient in back end programming with Node.js and/or Python , with a facility for learning new programming languages and frameworks.
- You are based in the Boston area or willing to move.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
Salary negotiable. Comprehensive healthcare (including dental and vision), 401k plan and parental leave benefits.
You may not feel that you have all of the experience and skills listed above, but if you are very excited about this role, please apply anyway. We have found that people who are passionate to join us are often the people who we are passionate to hire.
We have a relatively diverse team at Gamalon, and we have seen first hand that as our team diversity has increased, so has the quality of our ideas, teamwork, and delivery. People become more articulate when they are working within a diversity of view points. We work hard to encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics.