Gamalon is an AI-first startup in downtown Boston, MA, building the Conversational Web: a machine learning chatbot that learns ideas by reading web pages, and then learns more by talking with people.
Organizations are already using Gamalon’s alpha version of our conversational web, helping their website visitors quickly understand their products and services. We’ve seen great success with early customers, and we are now heading into rapid expansion, looking for outstanding engineers to join our team.
Gamalon was recognized by MIT Technology Review as one of the “50 Smartest Companies” for 2017 and by the World Economic Forum as a 2018 Technology Pioneer. We have over $30 million in funding including the largest grant from DARPA in the past five years for development of next generation machine learning and a Series A led by Intel Capital. We have filed 74 patents on our unique modular approach to composable, probabilistic deep learning, and we are starting to create an open-source standard for the conversational web.
We are seeking a talented front-end engineer to join our growing team.
We have seen first hand that as our team diversity has increased, so has the quality of our ideas, teamwork, and delivery - we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Help us build the ConversationalWeb, MachineLearningEmail, and other products incorporating our unique machine learning stack.
- Experiment with conversational UIs using Gamalon's patented core AI/ML technology.
- Work in an agile environment, rapidly delivering shippable features into production.
Experience, Skills, and Interests
- You are generous with others and collaborate well in a team environment.
- You have made a measurable impact on a commercial code base, working in a startup or other highly dynamic environment.
- Strong interest in being part of one of the first teams building AI-first software products, collaborating with machine learning/data science engineers as well as with product design. (AI is not yet as agile as front-end, so you will need to be prepared to collaborate in new ways).
- Nice to have, but not required: Back end programming in Node.js and/or Python; devops experience.
- You are based in the Boston area or willing to move.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
You may not feel that you have all of the experience and skills listed above, but if you are very excited about this role, please apply anyway.
Salary negotiable. Comprehensive healthcare (including dental and vision), 401k plan and parental leave benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics.