Location Greenbelt, MD
GAMA-1 is one of the premier IT Services companies supporting the Federal Government in the Washington DC area. We are a multi-channel organization with a strong Finance Division, dedicated Human Resource Division, thriving IT Services business, and over 135 employees and growing nationwide. We have experienced continuous growth since its inception in 2009. We attribute our sustained growth—to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently searching for a Computer & Organizational Savvy Operations Support Specialist to work onsite at our headquarters. Successful candidates have excellent customer service, experience with recruiting and onboarding personnel, and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail, presenting a lot of initiative, being proactive and a true team player is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
Recruiter Talent Acquisition Key Duties:
We are seeking a Recruiter Talent Acquisition to join our team! You will perform activities supporting our Operations Directors with recruiting new hires to provide assistance retaining existing hires.
- Creates and modifies job descriptions using Microsoft Office Word
- Post job descriptions on the company website, Intranet, and recruiting tools. Experience using ZipRecruiter & Google Hire is preferred.
- Be aggressive in your research for the "best candidates" by using all aspects of our recruiting tools (i.e. searching resume databases, contacting candidates to see if they are interested, tracking candidates, responding to candidates).
- Screen, recruit and conduct the initial interview for Information Technology focused employees (i.e. Networking, Service Desk, Programmers, System Admins, and more). A background in computer science would be preferred.
- Schedule phone interviews between hiring managers and candidates. Track candidates process throughout the interview process (initial call, technical phone interviews with the hiring manager, and on-site formal interviews.)
- Assist Operations and HR with sending employee applications, checking references, Federal badging tracking throughout the onboarding and initial onboard training for new employees
- Implement company culture, values, and policies
- Provide management with requested recruiting tracking, EEOC reports and documents
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognition
- Accurately maintain employee files
Operations Support Key Duties:
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Google Suites such as Gmail, Forms, Calendar, Docs, and Sheets.
- Manage Employee Federal Badge Process – to include management of paperwork, coordination with the Federal Government Security & Program Offices, tracking progress, and tracking renewals.
- Assist Operations VP and Directors with submitting Employee Transit, Parking, and Expense Receipts for Finance Payroll reports
- Assist Operations VP and Directors with the management of the employee data to include salary, status changes, bonuses and more.
- Develop and maintain fully documented Standard Operating Procedures for all of the above mentioned corporate processes.
- Running office errands to include group lunches, supply pick-up, etc.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including photocopying, mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Maintain Operations electronic filing system
- Assist Operations VP and Directors by performing data entry using the following tools: Excel, Google Sheets
- Assist with the preparation of monthly correspondence, reports, drafts, presentations, memos, and emails
- Assist with the Business Development office to include maintaining electronic filing systems, photocopying, preparation for proposal meetings.
- 5+ years of experience recruiting for Information Technology/Computer related candidates
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Must be computer savvy in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite: Gmail, Calendar, and Forms. Candidate must have 2+ years demonstrated experience with each application listed.
- Proven ability to be on-time Mon-Fri, reliable, an excellent oral and written communicator; as well as, self-motivator.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy, initiative, and a positive attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills – show initiative!
- Ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information, and available resources to resolve issues.
- Works well with others, relates to people and can manage conflict when required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities; detail oriented.
- Must be organized, timely, and customer service oriented
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills