JOB LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
GAMA-1 Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer to support GAMA-1’s growing Cloud Services practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The candidate must have extensive experience with Cloud architecture and provisioning enterprise-level Cloud services, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). The Cloud DevOps Engineer will support the design and implementation of best of breed cloud services across several major cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (Azure). This is a technical customer-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer experience.
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts. The candidate will serve a technical resource to the team regarding cloud engineering, security, performance, deployment, and troubleshooting. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the customer’s business needs and requirements, propose and architect appropriate solutions, and solve technical challenges.
- Engineer, deploy/provision, configure, and maintain secure and robust cloud services that include IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and support service quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage, and charges, and cost-efficient solutions architecture.
- Build CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small scale systems.
- Use architectural design principles to develop robust, efficient, and secure cloud solutions based on customer requirements.
- Provide implementation guidance/support to the customer throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop tools and documentation to enable the support organizations to resolve customer issues, including complex technical scenarios dealing with cloud architecture.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing technologies, IT business drivers, and emerging computing trends and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing & engineering enterprise Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) using leading cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. Must include networking, compute, storage, database, identify management/access control, monitoring, etc.
- 5+ years of experience migrating on-premise workloads to the public or hybrid cloud environments and deploying cloud-ready applications.
- Extensive experience gathering business and technical requirements for Cloud Services-based services and applications.
- Extensive experience analyzing the customer’s current infrastructure and applications, developing alternatives analysis for migrating to the cloud, and making recommendations on best-fit cloud solutions and service providers.
- In-depth working knowledge of FEDRAMP and extensive experience applying best practices for building/deploying secure and reliable services and applications on FEDRAMP-compliant Cloud platforms
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of networking principles and technologies and cloud security practices.
- Experience using coding languages such as Perl, Java, PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet and code management tools such as Git.
- Experience using identify management and access control tools and technologies for cloud services
- Experience with monitoring and network management tools and technologies and network engineering concepts (IPsec, Routing, NAT, DNS).
- Experience with cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, and DNS. (AWS preferred)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) in deployment and operations
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Ceph
- Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN, and VPN technologies.
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate; Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies; Architect with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.