GAMA-1 Technologies is seeking a reliable and results-focused Secure Active Directory Engineer as a member of a team that provides IT infrastructure architecture design and operations support to the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Environmental & Satellite Data Services’ (NESDIS) IT Services & Architecture Branch, located in Silver Spring, MD.
The Secure Active Directory Engineer will participate in the deployment of an enhanced security administrative environment (ESAE) that will support some of NESDIS’s moderate risk mission systems. This individual will also perform tasks and duties related to the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure supporting this environment.
The Secure Active Directory Engineer should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills. He or she should be able to work with minimal supervision. Additionally, he or she must be detail oriented and be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) high-level technology solutions to audiences with varying technical backgrounds.
This position requires an individual with extensive Windows Server 2008 R2 and above experience; extensive Active Directory infrastructure configuration, design, and support experience; and, an in-depth understanding of concepts such as multi-factor authentication (HSPD-12), Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA), system configuration baselines, Group Policy management, Domain Name System, system security configuration baselines, best practices, etc.
- Assist with the migration of users and devices into the enhanced security administrative environment.
- Provide operations and maintenance support for the enhanced security administrative environment infrastructure.
- Participate in system configuration reviews, project meetings, and problem resolution tasks.
- Provide input, recommendations, and suggestions on current and future enhanced security administrative environment service offering configuration.
- Develop and update system configuration documentation.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in IT or related field.
- MCSA for Windows 2012 required; MCSE Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Tiered infrastructure and Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) Architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with Active Directory, including domain and forest migrations.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of Windows Domain Name System (DNS).
- 5+ years of experience with and hands-on knowledge of Networking and VLANs.
- Experience with Windows Infrastructure Monitoring, including System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- US citizen; the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance.