Location: Silver Spring, MD
We are seeking a High-Performance Computing Big Data Engineer to become an integral part of our Cloud development team! You will design strategies for HPC database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming, and security.
- Design and construct large relational databases in the Cloud and Hybrid environment
- Integrate new systems with Cloud computing structures
- Perform security assessment for potential risks
- Refine system performance and functionality
- Provide architecture guidance and support to technical leads
- Research new technologies and develop proofs of concept
- Design containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) framework solutions in deployment and operations
- Design and deploy HPC systems using PBS, Lambda, SQS, Storage, etc.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Data Lake best practices for Cloud, Large storage and retrieval
- In-depth knowledge of one of the Cloud Services AWS, Azure, and GCP
- 5+ years of experience in High-Performance Computing Federal System environments in database architecture, development, or other related fields. To include job scheduler, workflows, data analytics, parallel computing, and DevOps for clustered environments.
- 5+ years of experience working with PBS and cloud services in support of HPC such as AWS Batch, Lambda and other server-less cloud services
- 5+ Years of experience supporting Federal Government Big Data initiatives
- 5+ Years of experience with distributed programming models for scientific computing including experience with MPI and/or other distributed-memory parallel programming frameworks
- 5+ years of previous experience in database architecture, development, or other related fields
- Candidate must have a background with processing scientific data and formats
- Candidate must have experience in managing and supporting large volumes of data
- Strong technical skills including C/C++/Python/Go programming skills (C/C++/Python/Go)
- Experience debugging software and knowledge of software engineering design principles
- Knowledge of distributed programming models for scientific computing including experience with PBS and/or other distributed-memory parallel programming frameworks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Master Degree Required, Ph.D. Preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen