U.S Citizenship & RHCE 7 (Red Hat Certified Engineer) Certification Required
Senior System Engineer with demonstrated hands-on experience leading system implementation, integration, and maintenance and operations. ITIL knowledge and Project Management experience is a must for this position. Applicant should be knowledgeable with troubleshooting, investigating complex technical problems and coordinating solutions. As well as, have experience with Oracle Database 11g build, patching, performance tuning, and configuration management.
- In-charge of leading system implementation, integration, and maintenance and operations, including the investigation of complex technical problems.
- Provide System Engineering and Administration for development, test and production environments of the Government Resource for Algorithm, Integration, Test, and Evaluation (GRAVITE) section.
- Responsible for managing computational resources including resource allocation, performance measurement, failover operations, reporting operations, maintenance, and resource planning, providing System Administration/Engineering support for an enterprise level and development system comprised of Linux platforms, and support the upgrade of hardware and software.
- Act as the technical advisor to the Project Manager and coordinate on-going developing efforts between the stakeholders and the IT resources providing a course of action and corrective action plan when issues arise.
- Capture the stakeholders' requirements and will ensure that the system is built and functions in accordance with system specifications.
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including, but not limited to:
- Patch maintenance
- Changes as required by an evolution of production environments
- Updating software and software configurations.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in process improvement.
- Participate in the design and review of new systems and applications.
- Coordinate with network engineering to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands.
- Perform file system configuration and management.
- Create and modify Linux shell scripts.
- Perform rudimentary database administration tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software configuration problems.
- Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
- Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Conduct research on Linux-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Review and implement new Linux system releases and vendor-supplied patches.
- Develop and maintain Linux training materials and systems documentation.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Perform Oracle 11g build, patching, performance tuning and configuration management.
- Provide Oracle installation support, troubleshooting of installation errors, implement fixes/ workarounds
- Upon installation and throughout the lifecycle of the Oracle database; analysis and database management (DBM) will be performed and recommendations provided for fine-tuning the Oracle and SQL statements
- Provide assistance in testing and QA activities of DBMS based applications for any failure conditions and any usability issues.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.
- RHCE 7 (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g Build, patching, Performance Tuning and Configuration Management
- Experience with tools such as the Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control and SQL Performance Analyzer
- 5+ Years hands-on work experience in the same or equivalent field.
- Specific knowledge of Linux platforms required.
- Working technical knowledge of coding using Perl and shell scripting.
- Experience with Puppet and compiling software; with clustered storage and packaging software
- Familiarity with network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, and MS Project essential.
- Strong understanding of the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation.
- US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.