- Provides programming and software engineering support for the next generation NOAA weather satellites using industry standard software engineering techniques.
- Design, code, test, and document interfaces of moderate to high complexity.
- Work with NOAA government staff to coordinate science products, algorithm development, and science processing.
· Support scientific processing, creation of Delivered Algorithm Packages, and other research-to-operation efforts.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure capacity and throughput requirements are met.
Compensation - $70,000 to $110,000 Annually
Benefits Offered - 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type - Full-Time
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- 2+ years of knowledge of Unix/Linux
- 1+ years of experience in C++ or Fortran 90
- Experience with Perl or shell scripting
- Experience in container operations (preferably Docker) and orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with CM tools such as Git and GitLab
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL
- Experience with real-time and off-line processing of satellite data, science algorithm development.
- Experience processing and managing large volumes of data
- Familiarity with scientific data formats such as HDF and netCDF
- Educational background or experience in satellites and remote sensing
- Teamwork, strong inter-personal skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· BS or greater degree with formal course work in physics, mathematics and computer programming
· U.S. Citizenship is required
ASSISTT specializes in transitioning systems from research to operations. We support integration tasks for several NOAA weather satellites by ensuring that a functional algorithm is in place and ready for operations. ASSISTT works with science teams and stakeholders to: conduct a standard set of project reviews; generate a standard set of documentation; develop and refine requirements; track risks and mitigations; clean code for coding/security, common data formats and metadata (CF & ISO), standard languages, tools, and libraries; test software; validate products, perform configuration management; and prepare the Delivered Algorithm Package.
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.