JOB LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
GAMA-1 Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly experienced Cloud Docker-Kubernetes SME to support GAMA-1’s growing Cloud Services practice. The Cloud Docker-Kubernetes SME will support the design and implementation of scientific algorithms in Docker containers with orchestration in HPC environment in cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure (Azure).
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts.
- Design containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) framework solutions in deployment and operations in a Federal Cloud Implementation
- Containerize Scientific algorithms and applications in a cloud environment
- Build Docker Images, manage Docker Registries, implement workflow process, in an HPC environment with parallel computing resources
- Design using Well-Architected design principles to develop robust, efficient, and secure cloud solutions
- Provide implementation guidance/support to the customer throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop tools and documentation to enable the support organizations to resolve customer issues, including complex technical scenarios dealing with cloud architecture
- Lead and present technical concepts in discussions and presentations
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; MS Preferred +5 years’ experience
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing technologies, IT business drivers, and emerging computing trends and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing & engineering Docker, Kubernetes, and Microservices in a cloud environment
- 5+ years of experience in Linux
- Must possess hands-on experience building Micro-Service Architectures and decoupled systems (Lambda, Azure Functions)
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, S3, RDS, ELB, Route53, HPC, SQS, Auto Scaling, Direct Connect, VGWs, and DNS.
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies including ARM, VN, Blob, Files, VMs, ACS, VM Scale Sets, PaaS services Etc.
- Working knowledge of FEDRAMP and best practices for building/deploying secure and reliable services and applications on FEDRAMP-compliant Cloud platforms
- Experience using coding languages such as Perl, Java, PowerShell, Bash, Python, YAML, etc.
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional; Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies; Architect with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure, MS Network Certifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen