U.S Citizenship is Required.
Serve as the NOAA National Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) Tier II/Systems Admin for escalating, troubleshooting and addressing technical issues. Key duties include troubleshooting connectivity and networking issues, providing support to end users on a variety of issues. Identify, escalating when necessary, research, and resolve technical problems. Respond to telephone calls, email and walk-up requests for technical support. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution. This role relies on judgment to plan and accomplish goals and works under general supervision. This position requires a Public Trust Clearance Level and has on-site standard work hours (Mon – Fri).
You will join a four-membered technical team supporting 600+ customers in our Suitland facility. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, customer-focused, a team player, and one who seeks solutions to roadblocks and obstacles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the onsite support for all technical issues. Be available on site during core business hours. This is not a teleworking position. Ensure coverage and customer communication when out of office. Add phone, email, calendar updates and cube notifications of transitioned support when out of the office. Work after designated hours to resolve urgent issues (as needed).
- Record, track and respond to incidents, problems and requests using the Service Now (Snow) ticketing software system. Monitor all ticket assignments within defined support times (15-minute acknowledgment, 2-hour resolution).
- Provide in-person support for Federal Government staff. This will include direct interaction with the Executive staff (System Owners) and management.
- Serve as the site Point of Contact for escalating, troubleshooting and addressing technical issues on infrastructure equipment housed at the respective site (e.g., Cisco switches, servers, backup devices).
- Troubleshoot connectivity and networking issues. Follow technical instructions (e.g., SOPs) and direction provided by remote senior engineers when troubleshooting onsite equipment.
- Support end-user hardware including laptops, monitors, peripherals and printers, mobile devices including iOS and Android devices.
- Support end-user systems, including Office 2016, McAfee Antivirus, Windows 10, web browsers, internal proprietary, and managed applications
- Scan, patch and image Windows, Mac and Linux devices using Ghost/SCCM and other tools.
- Support technical requests and configuration for new hire laptop deployments.
- Light Active Directory administration required (password resets, unlocking accounts, etc.).
- Candidate will be required to maintain and troubleshoot issues with the Tandberg/Cisco video conferencing equipment (as applicable). Provide support for executive meetings, board meetings, and vendor events to include the use of WEBEX (as applicable)
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Be responsive, reliable and able to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Document processes, issues and changes according to Federal processes
- Adhere to Federal change, configuration, and security guidelines
- Support standard and ad-hoc security update requests
- 4+ years of hands-on desktop support experience supporting laptops, monitors, phones, and peripherals.
- 4+ years of hands-on operating system (OS) experience supporting and deploying Windows, Mac and/or Linux images
- 2+ years of Windows OS imaging using Ghost/SCCM and other tools.
- 1+ years of scanning and patching desktops using COTS products (e.g., McAfee, ECMO BigFix, etc.)
- Familiar supporting Common Access Card (CAC), smart card, etc... technologies
- BS Degree in IT field and Certifications (e.g., Microsoft, A+, Network+, CCNA)
- Familiar with Citrix, XenApp or other virtual desktop technologies.
- Familiar imaging Mac OS X and Linux CentOS or Red Hat devices
- Hands-on experience with ECMO BigFix