JOB LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
GAMA-1 Technologies, LLC is seeking a highly experienced Cloud Developer to support GAMA-1’s growing Cloud Services practice.
The Cloud Developer will support the design and implementation of best of breed cloud services across several major cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure (Azure).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts.
- Design CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large- and small-scale systems
- Develop and implement systems using Infrastructure as a Code (CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, etc.)
- Design using Well-Architected design principles to develop robust, efficient, and secure cloud solutions based on customer requirements.
- Provide implementation guidance/support to the customer throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop tools and documentation to enable the support organizations to resolve customer issues, including complex technical scenarios dealing with cloud architecture.
- Design containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) framework solutions in deployment and operations
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON, and others.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; MS Preferred
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing technologies, IT business drivers, and emerging computing trends and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing & engineering enterprise Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) using leading cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. Must include networking, compute, storage, database, identify management/access control, monitoring, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux and/or Windows
- Must possess hands-on experience with some of these using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.)
- Must possess hands-on experience building Micro-Service Architectures and decoupled systems (Lambda, Azure Functions)
- Experience with monitoring and network management tools and technologies and network engineering concepts (IPsec, Routing, NAT, DNS).
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, S3, RDS, ELB, Route53, HPC, SQS, Auto Scaling, Direct Connect, VGWs, and DNS.
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies including ARM, VN, Blob, Files, VMs, ACS, VM Scale Sets, PaaS services Etc.
- Working knowledge of FEDRAMP and extensive experience applying best practices for building/deploying secure and reliable services and applications on FEDRAMP-compliant Cloud platforms
- Experience using coding languages such as Perl, Java, PowerShell, Bash, Python, YAML, etc.
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional; Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies; Architect with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure, MS Network Certifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.