SUMMARY: We are passionate educators enabling the careers of the next generation of technologists. Through rigorous industry calibration and partnership, pedagogical excellence, and holistic coaching, we live at the heart of a student's career evolution through Galvanize. Our immersive schools narrate the spirited intentions of our ambitious students. As these budding technologists navigate the arduous path of preparation for their careers in technology, we offer support through holistic coaching, workshops, and world-class, industry-focused sociotechnical curricula. Our team's approach to student development is one of empowering responsible autonomy and professionalism with exacting accountability.
Our Career Services Manager provides career management support to the designated students, delivering career management programming (workshops), conducting one-on-one and small group coaching sessions, facilitating panels, and engaging and sourcing alumni volunteers. At Galvanize, we are committed to supporting our students, ensuring 100% realize their career goal, and our Career Services Manager assures each student is prepared for their job search, from personal pitches to salary negotiation. If you are excited by the Galvanize mission of transforming lives through education, your work with Galvanize students will excite you every day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Coach students on career management and job search skills in one-on-one, small, and large group settings, striking the balance of empowering students to own their own job search while motivating them and ensuring accountability through that search.
- Assess and analyze student mastery of the career search process as well as student data regarding interests and targets. Document and communicate all information relevant to a student’s job search.
- Embed with the campus instructional team throughout the lifecycle of a cohort, partnering with colleagues to assure overall student success.
- Advocate on behalf of students, assuring colleagues are presenting them to relevant employers and hiring partners. Promote and advertise Galvanize Talent - our proprietary job platform - to assure students are actively seeking positions, applying to jobs, and following up with applications.
- Co-manage the student Capstone Showcase, preparing students for their external presentations and assuring subject matter experts are in the audience.
- Solicit and analyze student feedback and strategize innovations and iterations with the local instructional team and national Career Services team.
- Champion the employment statistics within the local campus team, communicating hiring wins and coordinating with the employer relations team member to highlight specific students/graduates when necessary.
- Create and contribute to marketing content that showcases Galvanize student and graduate talent to the hiring community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree and one year of related experience preferred
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in executive search, career management, recruiting, or student services.
- Experience with, knowledge of, or demonstrated an interest in technical careers required.
- Demonstrated track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility with external customers and multiple internal stakeholders.
- Deep commitment to customer services and a genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred.
- Natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Available for evening and weekend events, as necessary.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.