Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination and drive. Across our 7 beautifully designed urban campuses, we offer a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
We are growing our data science instructional team at Galvanize. Our Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We’re looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity. This role entails contributing to the instructional team and allows significant room for continued learning.
AS A DATA SCIENCE ASSOCIATE INSTRUCTOR AT GALVANIZE, YOU WILL:
- Deliver lectures and tutorials on scientific Python, SQL, probability, statistics, machine learning, and data engineering
- Grow significantly as a data scientist through professional instruction and self-study in the concepts and tools you haven't yet mastered
- Assist with day-long “sprints,” maintaining a strong presence in the classroom and helping other instructional staff
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures and office hours
- Contribute to local evangelism, admissions, and nurture activities, such as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading workshops (day time and/or evening), etc.
- At Galvanize, we strive to provide meaningful professional development opportunities to all of our employees. Here are just a few of the ways you will continue to grow and “level-up” as a developer and a teacher:
- There’s no better way to learn than to teach! You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll develop skills you thought you were already an expert in just by helping students and planning lessons.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from other data science and web development instructors in a highly collaborative and intellectually rich environment. Rub shoulders and cross-pollinate.
- Keep your skills sharp with the option to work with our expert services arm, Galvanize X, on industry web development and data science projects. Previous projects have involved: Machine Learning; Deep Learning, Data Engineering and Architecture, Applied Statistics and Statistical Modeling, Web Development Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ember, React, and Node.js and Express.
- Become the best instructor you can be with ongoing training and support.
- Experience in the industry in a data scientist or software engineer role
- Bachelor’s or higher in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or math
- Strong understanding of the topics we teach: scientific Python, probability, statistics, SQL, machine learning, data engineering, data visualization, data at scale
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience teaching a quantitative subject preferred
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.