Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Across our beautifully designed urban campuses, Galvanize offers a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking. Galvanize teaches web development, data science, and data engineering to students, offers support and workspace to over 700 member companies, and provides over 200 networking events monthly throughout the nation. Galvanize campuses bring together entrepreneurs, students, investors, mentors, and great people and companies to develop the skills, mindset, and networks necessary to thrive in a technology driven world.
We are looking for a proven email marketing manager to take our Galvanize brands to the next level. The Email Marketing Manager will be the go-to-expert, leading the day-to-day management of all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. This role will also be responsible for analytics and reporting across the marketing ecosystem.
This is a performance marketing role focused on developing efficient, high-scale campaigns that target key KPIs and drive results. The ideal candidate is someone with not only the necessary experience but also someone who is passionate about marketing and excels in a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Oversee overall email communication strategy and execution
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through effective email content, creative and messaging
- Manage all email lists and ensure leads are added in a timely manner to appropriate segments
- Work with product marketing managers to implement strategic campaigns, provide valuable feedback on message, creative and performance.
- Develop and manage marketing reporting and dashboards combining data from relevant sources such as Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Lead the development and optimization of targeted weekly branded newsletters for different teams and target audiences across the organization; i.e. membership, data scientists, web developers, entrepreneurs, alumni...etc.
- Drive email acquisition and work to increase list size for all target customers
- Work and maintain relationships with various email internal support teams, contractors, and vendors including copy, design, and Salesforce
- Track and report weekly email campaign metrics (open rate, click‐thru, list size, unsubscribes, etc.)
- Assist with Campus specific needs (launches, events, new members) and programs (first days and graduations)
- Oversee continued email deliverability and inbox placement
- Ensure legal compliance for all email communications including unsubscribe, opt-in, etc
- Collaborate with internal sales teams to provide outgoing email support through platforms like Sendbloom and Mailchimp
- Contribute to marketing wide journey mapping and execution
- Work with various marketing channels on cross-channel campaigns including social, paid search, and SEM
- 3+ years experience of large scale and detail oriented email marketing
- Deep understanding of Marketing Cloud and the Salesforce ecosystem
- Ability to create and re-style email templates with HTML and CSS using a text editor
- Data analytics and reporting experience specifically with Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics
- Proven ability of long term achievement and critical thinking in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Communication skills: the ability to listen first, then the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally
- Strong understanding of email legal compliance and best practices
- Ability to work with many different internal teams and stakeholders on a wide variety of email initiatives
- A love for learning and improving upon backend and technical email systems
- Experience with marketing automation as it relates to email
- Ability to use SQL to change/edit existing Salesforce queries in Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.