THIS POSITION IS RESERVED FOR ALUMNI AND GRADUATING SENIORS OF THE HACK REACTOR / HACK REACTOR @ GALVANIZE PROGRAM
Hack Reactor @ Galvanize is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
As Hack Reactor @ Galvanize expands to Boulder, we are looking for SEI Ambassadors to seed our new campus with the culture, community and curriculum central to the Hack Reactor @ Galvanize program. This role is similar to an SEI Resident (formerly Hacker In Residence), but with greater scope and responsibility. This is a full-time, temporary, on-site position from April to July.
What You'll Do
- Be an ambassador of the Hack Reactor @ Galvanize way, helping to guide teammates and students in the essential tenets of the programs culture, community and curriculum.
- Support staff team in identifying and remediating student success issues / risks both technical and psycho-social.
- Work with prospective and incoming students as the technical point of contact for interviews and pre-course work.
- Work evenings and Saturdays as the primary staff support for students.
- Lead group breakouts.
What We're Looking For
- Former Residents/HIRs (preferred), alumni or graduating seniors with stand out technical, social, culture building, and autonomy skills.
- Outstanding “people and program” judgment; providing technical and cultural course corrections to students, escalating difficult cases immediately to program leadership, and communicating our program boundaries and expectations regularly and as needed.
- Willingness and ability to lead and follow appropriately and with humility.
- Stable, reliable, spot-on communicators
- Preference for knowledge of Hack Reactor @ Galvanize's most recent curriculum iterations.
- Willingness to work evenings and Saturdays
- Living in Boulder or willingness to relocate for the duration of the SEI Ambassador term.
Benefits & Perks:
- Relocation expenses reimbursable for qualifying candidates
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- HSA or FSA depending on the plan
- 401(k) options
- Inspiring workplace and motivated colleagues
- Awesome, open-office location
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.