This position can be based from any of our campus cities but can also be remote!
Enterprise Instructors at Galvanize are thought leaders in their field, who facilitate adult learning for in-person, blended, and bespoke course offerings. From Day One, you will have the opportunity to lead by example - where you will immerse students in modern software development methodologies. In addition to instructing, you will serve as a mentor and a coach to your students by delivering lectures, guiding individual and pair programming activities, whiteboarding, leading inquiry, and providing custom feedback to each learner in both individual and team environments.
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination and drive. Across our 9 beautifully designed urban campuses (Austin, Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, or Seattle), we offer a unique combination of education, workspace and networking.
We are growing our enterprise data engineering instructional team at Galvanize. Our Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We’re looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity. We are seeking Lead Data Engineering Instructors for our enterprise team, with domestic and international delivery travels. Join us in building the world's hub for education in data science and data engineering. While this position can be based from any of our campus cities, we are also open to remote candidates! Regardless, this position will require approximately 35% travel.
- Develop state-of-the-art, industry relevant, curriculum and deliver at large enterprises. Curriculum scope will be around machine learning, data science, and data engineering,
- Lead day-long “sprints,” maintaining a strong presence in the classroom
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods
- Conduct thorough interviews to uncover organizational needs and recommend applicable and appropriate learning experiences
- Partner with various SMEs to design and adapt education content across various verticals.
- Customize existing education products to a client/industry, leveraging existing curriculum where possible, and creating new learning experiences to meet client needs
- Leverage innovative Instructional Design and pedagogical methods to create engaging, objectives-driven, and innovative learning experiences tailored to specific audiences
- Some weekend and regular evening availability is required to deliver workshop content across the US market
- 4+ years Industry relevant background in core Data Engineering and Machine Learning
- Strong understanding of Python, Scala (A PLUS!), Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, and distributed systems technology
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Plus: Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.