Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work. They are environments of active engagement, learning and growth.
The Director of Membership & National Events oversees the functional responsibilities of membership sales, account management, member engagement, and member programming across all campuses. In short, this position helps direct and lead a team of Membership Managers and Membership Success Managers at each campus who are responsible for the community success and satisfaction of all members. With the team, strategy, systems, and processes in place, the Director of Membership & National Events will drive partnerships, new technologies, and increased strategy to maximize the potential of Galvanize events in lead generation, community value, and revenue.
● Direct and lead the membership function, including creating and driving best practices across all campuses for sales, account management, growing community, entrepreneurial programming, and member engagement.
● Lead the Membership team through a matrix management reporting structure including hosting weekly stand-ups, providing daily and weekly metric reporting, and driving continuing education and training.
- Increase value of membership by building community through strategic events, connecting
our students to the ecosystem and targeting successful ways of integrating the brand across distributed campuses.
● Establish and execute a weekly cadence with the campus leadership team to provide necessary insight into the overall health of membership, community brand, including member experience, member engagement, and member programming.
● Provide weekly 1 on 1 leadership and management to each Membership team member, providing an environment where they can grow and succeed on their campuses. Position shares leadership responsibility for Membership Managers and Membership Success Managers with the Campuses
● Review our current member programming offerings at each campus and develop a plan for improving the quality and quantity of programming access for our members.
● Implement strategies for effectively and positively impacting our member companies as they grow, helping to improve member experience, connection to the ecosystem and reduce member churn across all campuses including developing and extending mentorship programs.
● Review and improve upon existing success metrics for the overall team and individuals.
● Support Campus Directors and General Managers in their local needs for successfully creating a positive member experience.
● Partnership Development - Proactively engage national partners through event programming and national contracts as well as active conversion into full corporate partners.
● Tracking and Conversion- Increase our conversations from event attendee to qualified lead, learn from NPS to better our brand experience, and take advantage of all the revenue opportunities (rentals, ticket sales, sponsorships, partnerships) that we can drive through events.
● Galvanize Events - Drive company wide focus on growth of our national event and brand properties.
● 7-10 years of experience that can include:
● 3+ years of experience leading and managing a sales team, account management team, or support team, preferably in the technology startup space, commercial real estate or hospitality.
● 3+ years of experience securing and implementing national partnerships or events. This can include entrepreneurial growth content, corporate events or programming aligned with emerging technology companies.
● 3+ years of experience in related membership development and building community loyalty and experience through hospitality focused programming and highlighting the value of the space.
● 2+ years of experience in managing a budget, leading to a profitable line of business.
● The ability to work in a matrix management organization and play both a support role to local campus leaders, as well as a leadership role to the overall direction and execution of the distributed Membership team.
● Experience working with a distributed team is preferred.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.