Hack Reactor @ Galvanize is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are looking for a Cohort Lead to strengthen and grow our industry leading program.
What You'll Do:
- Understand how the program works in detail (even though the subject matter may be technical and foreign to you) and the role of different players.
- Be well versed in program delivery approaches and standard methodologies.
- Lead student experience and program success through class-wide, small group, and individual reflection sessions.
- Stay on top of the perceptions and feelings and needs of the class. Handle difficult issues such as impostor syndrome, group conflicts, and truancy.
- Accountable for unconditional success for all metrics pertaining to the cohort, including placement rate, satisfaction ratings, starting salary, health and happiness of students.
- Responsible for the health of academic and cultural student pipeline from admissions through job placement.
- Understand what drives 5-star program reviews, strong academic results and successful job placement.
- Maintain accurate, deep, real-time data on how students are scoring across these dimensions, working with other members of the instruction team as required.
- Suss out the reasons behind student success issues / risks.
- Resolve remedial solutions and craft, rollout & run associated action plans.
- Deliver (often difficult) feedback to students that improve outcomes and result in positive sentiment.
- Serve as support and safety net for instructional team and elevate issues appropriately.
What We're Looking For:
- Trustworthy public speaker who can speak in front of groups large and small.
- Predicts needed job-seeker remediations and creates effective action plans accurately and easily.
- Able to work with diverse staff, students, and stakeholder groups (execs, alums, partner schools, etc).Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Compassionate listener and communicator.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- While the position doesn’t require software engineering skills, you should have an interest/ability to learn the components that are necessary for success in this role (which will be supplied to you).
- College degree preferred but not required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- HSA or FSA depending on the plan
- 401(k) options
- Inspiring workplace and motivated colleagues
- Awesome, open-office location in the heart of SF
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.