YOU IN A FEW SENTENCES
You are hungry to grow our technology learning community, take seriously the opportunity to connect potential members with the exceptional value Galvanize will provide them. You’re invigorating, and have immense pride in the work that your name is attached to. You balance finding and filling the community with the right members, and keep those members ecstatic to be here by supporting their businesses. Curating content excites you and being the gatekeeper of our member’s learning experience is something you are proud of. You have experience consistently hitting and exceeding revenue & churn goals, while always acting in good faith to the customer and the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galvanize is looking for a highly motivated business development specialist, relationship manager, and content curator to join our membership & sales team. This combo role is responsible for both membership fill & sales goals, as well as campus membership content creation, member success (NPS) and churn. The ability to tell and sell the Galvanize story, experience building, and managing relationships are must-haves to be successful in the role. The ideal candidate thrives in an exciting and evolving company, and wants to be a critical part of a scaling business.
This role reports directly to the General Manager, with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Membership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and manage campus membership sales activities resulting in month over month revenue growth.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager and trusted advisor, maintaining detailed knowledge of member needs, company milestones, and growth trajectory.
- Manage the local mentor program including onboarding / offboarding of mentors, planning and implementing mentor exclusive benefits, and curating connections between mentors with startups.
- Meet and strive to succeed monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets.
- Identify member learning gaps and curate a monthly/quarterly programming strategy of entrepreneurship educational content directed at the needs of our founders, and their employees.
- Proactively identify opportunities for member companies to engage across all Galvanize products.
- Identify high quality entrepreneurs, startups, and enterprise companies that will compose our community and are actively engaged in it.
- Maintain and develop network with notable local investors, advisors, thought leaders, sector and functional experts to provide support for Galvanize members.
- Actively manage inbound and outbound Salesforce funnels of individuals and companies that are interested in Galvanize membership with utmost organization and efficiency.
- Provide tours of the campus to interested prospects while telling and selling the story of Galvanize, and what it means to be a part of our community.
- Consistently convert membership sales opportunities at a high rate.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the community and constantly seek to connect members to other parts of our business.
- Attend sales and product training, and develop proficiency in all things Galvanize, as well as a basic understanding of the technology, education, and startup industries.
- Proactively share best practices, experiences, and knowledge to membership and campus teams.
- Regularly ask for direct feedback and ideas for continually improvement.
- 3-5 years of related experience in sales/business development, as well as experience in the startup world (either at a startup or a company engaging in the entrepreneurial ecosystem).
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Past entrepreneurial pursuits and business development a strong plus.
- Experience in educational programming and content creation a plus.
- Proven client management or hospitality experience.
- Curiosity in emerging technology trends and entrepreneurial education.
- Experience in networking and building relationships with business professionals (C-suite, VP-level, etc.) of varying levels.
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve our potential members’ needs.
- Must be hungry to meet and exceed monthly sales quotas and exemplify strong closing skills.
- Must have a positive attitude, confident, and desire to be the best.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, collaborate and adapt to new tools and processes.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.