Position Title: Community Coordinator
Location: Seattle, WA
Supervisor: General Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Vision and Values:
Galvanize exists to provide access to opportunities for any individual who has the ambition to live a life of continuous learning and growth. We create and operate a network of urban campuses that are based on building and leveraging community. On our campuses, you feel a healthy mix of students, entrepreneurs and high-energy professionals working to create innovative digital technology startups and build their own careers along the way.
Galvanize is a fast paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups. As a startup ourselves, we are constantly improving on our systems and procedures. Our team is collaborative and primed for hustlers. For these reasons, we are seeking a go-getter who loves working in a collaborative environment, loves helping people grow as individuals and professionals and is a passionate about the future of education and entrepreneurship.
The Community Assistant is an integral part of our Community Coordinator Team. This person is the first smiling face to greet our community members, students, partners and guests on a daily basis. This position provides opportunities for growth and daily engagement with hundreds of technology companies.
The Community Coordinator handles all Front Desk and member-facing operations sales and projects, as well as assists the rest of the Campus Operations Team with various projects as needed.
- Hospitably welcome all members, students, and guests onto campus each day.
- Covering the front desk as needed - checking guests in, answering questions, accepting deliveries.
- Communicate the Galvanize brand and experience as the first touch point on our campus.
- Uphold the highest standard of student & member satisfaction via daily interactions, weekly member check-ins, and curated member social & community building content.
- Managing mailroom operations, i.e. sorting and recording mail and packages, alerting members, and mail deliveries
- Work closely with Membership Manager and Admissions Advisor in providing perspective members and students tours and utilize needs-based selling to recommend the appropriate service or product.
- Work closely with Facilities Manager to field and mitigate issues and requests.
- Support student and member staff with administrative, sales, and support duties, such as event set-up, ordering, and membership tours.
- Help maintain Campus/Conference room cleanliness via twice daily walk-throughs.
- Distribute snacks and other deliveries throughout the building.
- Order, maintain, and distribute Galvanize swag as necessary.
- Open and close campus building depending on our schedule.
- Assist in the member on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Assist with the logistics of Galvanize events.
- Assist Membership team with Suite Turnovers.
- Assist Membership team generate, edit, publish and share daily social media content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- You are the smiling-est person you know! A friendly, happy, smiling face is a key for success while working on our Community Coordinator team.
- You are friendly and engaging and ask people questions! What business are they building? Which Immersive program are they enrolled or interested in in? How can you make their experience at Galvanize even better?
- You are very organized and detail oriented - you’ve never lost a message or piece of mail in your life!
- You are a great communicator - relaying messages to other Galvanize teammates is a vital part of this job!
- You’ve had at least one year of experience in a customer service or administrative role.
- You have early morning, and some evening or weekend availability.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.