We are looking for an ambitious Prep Chef to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes and catering presentations in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great Prep Chef will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as part of a team.
- Setting up line or breaking down and wrapping for following day.
- Following and completing the prep list created by the chef.
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, sandwiches, breakfast items & entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash sweeping and mopping floors etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored and labeled properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Assist with Front of house set up as assigned
- This position will report the the Kitchen Lead.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Coffee knowledge would be helpful.
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- Ability to operate autonomously
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.