VISION AND VALUES:
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the drive and smarts create real-world change, congregate, and inspire each other. Across our 8 beautifully designed urban campuses, we offer a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking. Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning, and growth.
Our Data Science Instructors train technical professionals with programming experience to solve data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We are looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity. Join us in building the world's hub for education in data science and data engineering.
AS A DATA SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR AT GALVANIZE, YOU WILL:
- Deliver lectures and tutorials on scientific Python, SQL, probability, statistics (Bayesian and frequentist), machine learning, and data engineering.
- Lead day-long “sprints,” maintaining a strong presence in the classroom and helping other instructional staff.
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures and office hours.
- Build and refine data science curriculum and assignments.
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods.
- Evaluate new tools, packages, and tutorials for use in the curriculum.
- Contribute to local evangelism, admissions, and nurture activities, such as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading workshops (day time and/or evening), etc.
- Multiple years of experience in industry in a Data Scientist or Software Engineer role
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics
- Strong domain expertise in the topics we teach: Scientific Python, Unix, Software Engineering, Version Control, Probability, Statistics (A/B Testing, Bayesian Methods, Regression Methods, Time Series), SQL, Machine Learning (Decision Trees, Random Forest, Boosting, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, Recommenders, Graphs), Data Engineering (Spark), and Data at Scale
- Multiple years of experience teaching a quantitative subject strongly preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
For more details on the program visit: https://www.galvanize.com/data-science
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.