Event Coordinators at Galvanize are passionate about top-notch hospitality, detailed event execution and speak to the mission of Galvanize and our core offerings to our guest. This is a part time, hourly position at Galvanize NYC. We are looking with individuals who have proven success in providing an excellent customer experience and enjoy tackling fire-drills with a smile. As directed by our Event Manager, “ECs” positively represent the Galvanize brand and are happy to share that information with all who walk through the Galvanize doors.
Event Coordinators are master multitaskers: successfully executing event logistics while interacting with event vendors, guests, and content owners. They have worked in the hospitality industry and therefore able to creatively execute logistic needs at Galvanize events.
ECs are to be fully knowledgeable about the workings of Galvanize and can speak to the workings of Galvanize’s classes and membership. ECs will provide their availability monthly to the NYC Event Manager and will be scheduled as needed to support event execution based off of availability. ECs will receive direction from Event Manager, Facilities Managers to ensure the event space is set up and taken down efficiently and effectively.
- Arrange event room setup and breakdown including all needs for seating, staging, A/V, Food/Beverage, etc.
- Move and install heavy equipment as needed. Based on Senior EC or Event Manager direction professionally receive deliveries and direct vendors for events from rental companies, caterers, A/V.
- Gain full knowledge of event space layout, capabilities, as well as functional details and storage locations of all event assets.
- Provide post event feedback and improvement areas to Event Manager.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Graciously and efficiently welcome guests to Galvanize, acting as security a checkpoint and registering them on the Galvanize iPad system, and direct them to the event location.
- Naturally authentic, outgoing personality with the ability to engage a crowd speak to the general mission of Galvanize and our core offerings, with strong ability to convert interested guests into leads by directing them to the appropriate Galvanizer to learn more about our programs.
- Monitor and proactively respond to needs of event organizers and guests throughout the duration of the event.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Enjoy problem solving in fast-paced environments.
- Enjoy customer service.
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs of heavy equipment.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.