THIS POSITION IS RESERVED FOR GRADUATING SENIORS OF THE HACK REACTOR @ GALVANIZE PROGRAM
Hack Reactor @ Galvanize is a program for gifted students of software engineering. In three months, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
What You'll Do
Shepherds are the support center of the cohorts. They help students both emotionally and technically, occasionally jump in when Help Desk is overrun, and are always there as the students navigate through the intensity that is the HR course.
The Precourse HIR is the main source of technical and logistical help for a community of engineers in preparing for the Immersive program
- The day-to-day duties include:
- Communicate with various teams to ensure that students are prepared for the Immersive
- Give feedback on code patterns and help students debug
- Provide mentorship on best practices for language and environment concepts
- Manage the Slack Team
- Generate community spirit
Telegraph Track is a program that supports underrepresented engineers as they attend Hack Reactor through mentorship, leadership development workshops, and networking events.
- Manage week-to-week events
- Manage communication with the community
- Work on expanding the network of community and private partners.
- Recruit underrepresented students through phone screens
- Develop curriculum
What We're Looking For
- Passion for education and service
- Skilled and engaging facilitator/lecturer
- Outstanding time and task management
- Ability to deliver precisely in the face of high ambiguity
- Can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Willing, humble, pleasant and talented teammate
- Displays outstanding leadership and follower-ship, and good judgment at all times
Specialized Roles We're Hiring For
- Remote Part Time (RPT)
- Hack Reactor Remote (HRR)
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.