Enterprise Instructors at Galvanize don’t just teach, they guide. Not just the hard skills – they dig into personality types, habits, and learning styles. Our instructors don’t just talk the talk: they lead by example and immerse students in Extreme Programming (XP) from day one. In addition to giving lectures and white-boarding, instructors lead inquiry, pair program, provide ongoing student feedback, and coach XP product teams.
**This position can be based anywhere in the US, but will require regular travel/long term engagements (2-3 months) at various client sites around the US (currently includes Phoenix, San Francisco, OR Chicago.)
AS AN ENTERPRISE INSTRUCTOR YOU WILL:
- Support and lead lectures and class activities.
- Support and lead students during project work and problem sets.
- Learn Extreme Programming and coach student teams on project work.
- Provide students with a meaningful classroom experience.
- Work alongside Galvanize staff in providing prompt feedback on student progress.
- Provide a strong Extreme Programming environment.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Work collaboratively with all Enterprise instructors to coordinate weekly plans and activities.
- Provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Provide feedback to Enterprise team members with respect to technical and instructional design and delivery topics
- Thrives in a continuous feedback environment and welcomes feedback from students and other instructors.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts.
- Eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of a team learning XP.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience teaching and/or mentoring developers – or a deep interest in giving it a try.
- Bonus: Current XP team member.
- Bonus: Experience working with Agile or XP teams – pair programming experience a plus.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.