Lead Instructor, Principal Data Engineer -
Galvanize’s Enterprise Sales & Partnerships team helps the largest organizations in the world modernize their software capability and drive their business with data. We’re looking for Enterprise instructors that don’t just teach, but guide, focusing on the hard skills while digging into personality types, habits, and learning styles. Enterprise instructors don’t just talk the talk: they lead by example and demonstrate from experience what data engineering and data science can do for the largest companies in the world. Our Instructors train both technical professionals as well as team leaders and senior executives to solve data engineering and data science problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We’re looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated industry experience, flexibility, and curiosity. This position can be based anywhere in the US but will require regular travel engagements at various client sites around the US.
AS AN ENTERPRISE DATA SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR AT GALVANIZE, YOU WILL:
- Deliver lectures and tutorials on scientific Python, SQL, probability, statistics (Bayesian and frequentist), machine learning, and data engineering.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Deftly and patiently field student questions and provide feedback in lectures and office hours.
- Refine data science curriculum and assignments through regular feedback.
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods.
- Evaluate new tools, packages, and tutorials for use in the curriculum.
- Contribute to local evangelism and nurture activities, such as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading workshops, etc.
- Multiple years of industry experience in a data scientist or software engineer role
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics.
- Strong understanding in the topics we teach: scientific Python, probability, statistics (Probability, A/B Testing, Bayesian methods, Regression methods, Time Series), SQL, machine learning (Decision Trees, Random Forest, Boosting, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, Recommenders, Graphs), data engineering (Hadoop, Hive, and MapReduce), data visualization (d3), and data at scale
- Outstanding communication skills.
- The ability to lead trainings for a wide range of student types, including technical professionals, team leaders/managers, and senior business leaders.
- Multiple years of experience teaching a quantitative subject preferred.
MORE ABOUT GALVANIZE
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the necessary aptitude, determination, and drive. To learn more visit: http://www.galvanize.com/enterprise/
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.