Are you motivated by helping people land their dream jobs, have proven facilitation and coaching skills, and a passion for inspiring action in others? Galvanize is looking for a Career Services Manager to prepare students and recent graduates for their job search, and help drive employment of our students following completion of one of our immersive programs.
Galvanize is the learning community for technology, and we are solving the talent gap of the future by producing the most in-demand talent today. Our immersion programs in data science and software engineering are the training grounds for anyone with the aptitude, drive, and determination to tackle the hard questions, solve the tough problems, and create the impossible solutions. We are creating the technical leaders of tomorrow, today. To assure our students are prepared for their job search - and ultimately land the dream job that brought them to Galvanize - we need a career development professional to work with the students from the first day of class, through the day they sign an offer letter from their new employer.
Our Career Services Manager provides career management support to the designated students on their campus, creating and delivering career management programming, and conducting one-on-one and small group coaching sessions. At Galvanize, we are committed to supporting our students, ensuring 100% realize their career goal, and our Career Services Manager assures each student is prepared for their job search, from personal pitches to salary negotiation.
If you are excited by the Galvanize mission of transforming lives through education, your work with Galvanize students will excite you every day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coach students on career management and job search skills in one-on-one, small, and large group settings, striking the balance of empowering students to own their own job search while motivating them and ensuring accountability through that search.
- Assess and analyze student mastery of the career search process as well as student data regarding interests and targets.
- Document and communicate all information relevant to a student’s job search.
- Embed with the campus instructional team throughout the lifecycle of a cohort, partnering with colleagues to assure overall student success.
- Advocate on behalf of students, assuring colleagues are presenting them to relevant employers and hiring partners.
- Promote and advertise Galvanize Talent to assure students are actively seeking positions, applying to jobs, and following up with applications.
- Manage the student Demo Day, preparing students for their external presentations and assuring subject matter experts are in the audience.
- Solicit and analyze student feedback and strategize innovations and iterations with the local instructional team and national Career Services team.
- Champion the employment statistics within the local campus team, communicating hiring wins to highlight specific students/graduates when necessary.
- Create and contribute to marketing content that showcases Galvanize student and graduate talent to the hiring community.
- Experience in executive search, career management, recruiting, or student services.
- Direct managerial experience preferred.
- Experience with, knowledge of, or demonstrated interest in technical careers required.
- Demonstrated track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility with external customers and multiple internal stakeholders.
- Deep commitment to customer services and a genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred.
- Natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Available for evening and weekend events, as necessary.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.