Galvanize is seeking an Associate Instructor for Full Stack Web Development classes in Phoenix, AZ. At Galvanize, we don’t just teach, we guide. We use data-driven instructional design to differentiate for students’ diverse personality types, habits, and learning styles. We immerse students in an agile development process from day one to help them become the best developers (and life-long learners) they can be.
- Learning how to learn - tools, habits, and mindsets
- How the web works
- Version Control
- HTML and CSS
- Test Driven Development
- Server-side frameworks with Express
- Client-side frameworks with Angular
- Responsive Design
- Interview Skills
- ... And more!
- Support students during class project work and pairing as necessary
- Identify activities to support and enrich existing Galvanize curriculum
- Develop internal tools to support the Galvanize program
- Assist in student assessments and the placements process
- Provide feedback to teaching team
- Coordinate program logistics (guest speakers, etc.)
- At Galvanize, we strive to providing meaningful professional development opportunities to all of our employees. Here are just a few of the ways you will continue to grow and “level-up” as a developer and a teacher:
- There’s no better way to learn than to teach! You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll develop skills you thought you were already an expert in just by helping students and planning lessons.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from other full stack and data science instructors and a highly collaborative environment. Rub shoulders and cross-pollinate.
- Keep your skills sharp with the option to work with our consulting arm, Galvanize X, on industry web development and data science projects
- Previous projects have involved: High Level Machine; Deep Learning, Deep Engineering and Architecture, Applied Statistics and Statistical Modeling, Web Development Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ember, React, and Node.js and Express
- Become the best instructor you can be with ongoing training and support
- Experience working with agile teams – pair programming experience a plus
- Thrives in a continuous feedback environment and welcomes feedback from students and other instructors
- Previous background in teaching and/or mentoring aspiring developers - or a deep interest in giving it a try
- Eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of web developers.
- Stellar communication skills
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.