Our Lead Barista serves as the frontline of our member, student, and guest experience. They personally connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our guests – even if just for a few moments. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made latte or prepping items meticulously; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer.
Lead Barista Responsibilities:
- Control and direct the coffee and front of house preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Manage and own scheduling for the front of house and communicate any road blocks with the Sr. Operations Manager.
- Place weekly, monthly and quarterly orders through preferred vendors.
- Handle cash, deposits and change needs on a weekly basis.
- Construct coffee menus with new or existing creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
- Oversee and successfully lead the work of the Barista job roles.
- Must inhabit the ability to perform any job responsibilities in the front of house, including but not limited to POS functions, creating coffee drinks, stocking dry products, replenishing grab-n-go items etc.
- Represent Galvanize in a professional and hospitable manner, and help to maintain positive company morale.
- Maintain a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product
- Prepare coffee catering orders as needed & assist with events.
- Routinely clean the front of house area - including, but not limited to floors, taking out trash, dishes and operating the business without assistance.
- Support the building and event staff in maintaining a clean, courteous, and hospitable environment
- Barista experience.
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday (closed Saturday & Sunday) between the hours of 8am-4pm
- Must be available up to 29 hours/week.
- Exceptional and persuasive hospitality skills
- Must have a positive attitude, confidence, and desire to be the best
- Must have the ability to hold team members accountable through positive collaboration and enrollment.
- Have the right conversations, even when they are difficult.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 lbs.
- Value strong communication skills and has the ability to manage up.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.