Campus Operations, Full Time
Galvanize is a fast paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups. The Community Coordinator position will be interfacing with all of our students, members, guests and event attendees and supporting our campus membership goals and initiatives. For this reason, we're looking for a candidate that operates at a highly organized and efficient level. Previous hospitality and customer service experience is critical for this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Exemplify the Galvanize mission & values as the first touch point on our campus for all guests, members & students.
- Manage an organized mailroom and inventory/order office supplies as needed.
- Manage and diligently maintain the campus budget (purchase/receipt tracking & credit card reconciliation). Ensure cost savings where possible, communicate any overages and forecast as needed.
- Facilitate and troubleshoot member and student A/V needs.
- Answer incoming calls and website interest in regards to education, membership and enterprise inquiries.
- Respond in a timely fashion to all member and student needs (i.e. building maintenance requests, IT help, resources etc.) and raise any issues to the Sr. Manager of Operations.
- Responsible for opening and closing campus building depending on event schedule needs.
- Assist in the member on-boarding process (new member orientation, member check-ins, wireless network configuration, printer connection etc.)
- Assist with the logistics of Galvanize events. Including but not limited to booking conference rooms, ordering food & beverage, checking guests in and directing them appropriately etc.
- Manage vendor relationships and communicate with accounting department to ensure on time payments.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of appropriate partnerships and relationships.
- Assist in washing dishes, stocking snacks/tea/condiments, and making coffee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience in the hospitality or customer service industry.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of community development.
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively problem solve.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High sense of awareness and personal responsibility.
- Comfort and ease in interacting with new people daily.
- Eagerness to grow within Galvanize.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 pounds.
- Previous experience in the startup (or EdTech) space is a plus.
- Desire to occasionally take on stretch projects outside daily responsibilities.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.