This position can be based from any of our campus cities but can also be remote!
Enterprise Instructors at Galvanize are thought leaders in their field, who facilitate adult learning for in-person, blended, and bespoke course offerings. From Day One, you will have the opportunity to lead by example - where you will immerse students in modern software development methodologies. In addition to instructing, you will serve as a mentor and a coach to your students by delivering lectures, guiding individual and pair programming activities, whiteboarding, leading inquiry, and providing custom feedback to each learner in both individual and team environments.
We are seeking instructors to spearhead new Enterprise Development Initiatives across a wide variety of companies. Location is flexible, with an opportunity to home base a campus (Austin, Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, or Seattle) or work remote.
- Provide instruction to Fortune 100, 500, 1000, and Global 2000 customers using the latest technologies and establishing best practices
- Lead lectures and class activities and mentor students during project work
- Help software development teams improve upon their existing SDLCs and decrease the time-to-market on feature delivery
- Plan daily lessons and assess students on an ongoing basis
- Help develop internal student tools
- Provide students with a meaningful training experience in the classroom
- Work alongside Galvanize staff in providing prompt feedback on student progress
- Provide a strong Agile environment
- Coach student teams on project work using Agile values, principles, and practices
- Mentor and guide Product and Project Managers on Agile methodology
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community
- Teach and plan a full work week
- Work closely with other Lead and Associate Instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress Qualifications
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following: Java, Golang, Node.js, C#
- Experience building web applications in multiple languages and frameworks
- Fluency in the following topics: CI/CD, databases, concurrency and parallel programming, distributed systems, containers, cloud deployment
- Experience working with Agile or XP teams – pair programming experience a plus
- Thrives in a continuous feedback environment and welcomes feedback from students and other instructors
- Previous background in teaching and/ mentoring developers – or a deep interest in becoming a thought leader in the field
- Eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of teams and tech organizations
- High performing current agile team lead or participant desirable
- Great communication skills
- This position can be based in any of our campus cities (Austin, Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, or Seattle) or remote, but will require approximately 50% travel with expense paid "Tours of Duty" in various locations around the country and abroad
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.