Hack Reactor Extended Cohort Lead
INSTRUCTIONAL – ON CAMPUS (AND REMOTE)
Hack Reactor Extended/18 Week is seeking individuals committed to supporting the growth and development of students in an intensive, 6-week course which leads into our software engineering immersive programs. At Hack Reactor @ Galvanize, we don’t just teach, we guide. We use data-driven instructional design to differentiate for students’ diverse personality types, habits, and learning styles. We immerse students in an agile development process from day one to help them become the best developers (and life-long learners) they can be.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about bringing our Galvanize core values to their career and to our students:
- Mission First, People Always
- Hold yourself and others accountable and responsible
- Create for the future with pride, passion, and urgency
- Win with trust, integrity, and inclusion
- Be a team. Do your job. Be a pineapple.
- Continuously learn, grow, and hustle
We are looking for a Cohort Lead to strengthen and grow our industry leading program.
What You'll Do:
- Understand how the program works in detail (even though the subject matter may be technical and foreign to you) and the role of different players.
- Be well versed in program delivery approaches and standard methodologies.
- Lead student experience and program success through class-wide and individual reflection sessions.
- Stay on top of the perceptions and feelings and needs of the class. Handle difficult issues such as impostor syndrome, group conflicts, and truancy.
- Accountable for unconditional success for all metrics pertaining to the cohort, including retention rate, satisfaction ratings, health and happiness of students.
- Responsible for the health of academic and cultural student pipeline from admissions through job placement.
- Understand what drives 5-star program reviews, strong academic results and successful job placement.
- Maintain accurate, deep, real-time data on how students are scoring across these dimensions, working with other members of the instruction team as required.
- Suss out the reasons behind student success issues / risks.
- Resolve remedial solutions and craft, rollout & run associated action plans.
- Deliver (often difficult) feedback to students that improve outcomes and result in positive sentiment.
- Serve as support and safety net for instructional team and elevate issues appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- Trustworthy public speaker who can speak in front of groups large and small.
- Predicts needed educational remediations and creates effective action plans accurately and easily.
- Able to work with diverse staff, students, and stakeholder groups (execs, alums, partner schools, etc).Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Compassionate listener and communicator.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- While the position doesn’t require software engineering skills, you should have an interest/ability to learn the components that are necessary for success in this role (which will be supplied to you).
- College degree preferred but not required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible paid time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- HSA or FSA depending on the plan
- 401(k) options
- Inspiring workplace and motivated colleagues
- Possible opportunity to work at awesome, open-office locations if space available
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.