Position Title: Part-time Facilities Coordinator
Location: Galvanize, Boulder CO
Supervisor: Senior Campus Operations Manager, CO
Direct Reports: N/A
Vision and Values:
Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning and growth. Galvanize exists to provide access to opportunities for any individual who has the ambition to live a life of continuous learning and growth. We create and operate a network of urban campuses that are based on building and leveraging community. On our campuses, you feel a healthy mix of students, entrepreneurs and high energy professionals working to create innovative digital technology startups and build their own careers along the way.
Galvanize is a fast paced, dynamic workplace filled with some of the most innovative startups and driven students. As a company scaling up, we are constantly improving on our systems and procedures. The ideal candidate is intrigued by how a physical space and a community impact the way in which people work, and the attention to detail and ability to manage many projects is impeccable. We are seeking a team player who works well with trade and service providers, while keeping Galvanize goals and strategy in mind.
In addition, this person is the first smiling face that greets our community members, students, and guests on a daily basis. This is a position that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth, through daily engagement with hundreds of technology companies and the entrepreneurs who inspire them. The ideal candidate will thrive in this exciting and evolving company and will want to be a critical part of scaling our business.
- Manage and support the overall operations and general upkeep of the campus.
- Ensure that the campus and campus equipment is impeccably maintained so our members have an exceptional working and learning environment.
- Support the Zendesk customer support program in conjunction with the other campus Facilities & Community Coordinators.
- Work directly with the campus leadership and operations team to support all aspects of campus operations and growth.
- Communicate with the Senior Campus Operations Manager regarding campus facilities budgets, yearly cap-ex allocations and repair vs. replace decisions.
- Work with event team to ensure all events are appropriately supported from the facilities aspect (furniture, A/V, IT, refrigeration, access controls, parking.)
- Coordinate with Membership Manager to fulfill needs of suite members and support suite turnover (furniture, IT, AV requests).
- Conduct preventative maintenance audits and inspections of campus on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and efficiently address any identified issues.
- Work with Senior Campus Operations Manager to proactively form relationships and develop a network of vendors in your city. Compile and maintain list of approved vendors for each major system (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Oversee groundskeepers, janitorial staff and manage maintenance vendors, including contract negotiations.
- Manage building improvements/system upgrades, including small repairs and/or working with contractors as needed.
- Greet guests and connect them with their hosts.
- Assist in the Galvanize members onboarding process.
- Work alongside Community Coordinator to manage office supplies and ensure backroom/mail room organization.
- Support in the maintenance of swag, stickers and other marketing material (flyers, trifolds, etc.)
- 1-3 years related experience coordinating facilities maintenance & operations.
- Proven hands-on technical skills at the most basic levels, as well as the capacity to learn new skills through ongoing training modules.
- Macro level understanding of operational systems and how they affect the use of classrooms, event space, member satisfaction, and overall experience of those visiting, learning, and working in our facility.
- Basic understanding of facilities systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing.)
- Prior experience in technology, education, or startups is a plus.
- Flexible and adapts to change easily.
- Exceptional and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to quickly develop relationships.
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve our members’ need.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude, confident, and desire to be the best.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.